The sofa can be an important part of a décor. If you happened to buy the perfect sofa, then it will be best decision in your life. There are many reviews which will you give you the t0p quality sofas like pull outs . It can be the focal point. It can be the supporting part of the décor. It can provide a seating spot for the owner as well as the guests. However, not many people know that a sofa can come in various types and upholstery. When you want to buy a sofa, you probably only see the available item and choose the one that you like. However, knowing the different types can make the purchasing process easier – and even fun!
Different Types of Upholstery
Do you know what the upholstery is? It is the area covering the cushion and the frame. There are basically limitless options and designs when it comes to the right upholstery so be sure that you are well-informed about this so you won’t be making mistakes.
Here are some of the most popular types:
- Cotton, which consists of the soft and natural fibers. Its main advantages are the easiness for care and maintenance. It is also pretty strong and durable. However, cotton can be flammable. It tends to wrinkle after usages, accompanied with fading colors.
- Wool, which is made from the soft coat of sheep. If you live in a cold area or climate, you want something warm and yet soft. This will be the perfect option for you. The colors can be sharp and bright too. However, you should also remember that wool isn’t exactly easy to clean. Not to mention that the color can fade easily. Another problem with wool is the fact that it also attracts moths.
- Leather, which is has the smooth and slick characteristic. Animal hide is usually used to make this kind of upholstery. The leather is highly stylish and modern. When it ages, it does so very well and elegantly. Not to mention that it is pretty durable with proper care and you can always clean it easily. On the negative side, leather can be expensive when it is damaged. It takes higher maintenance cost too.
- Nylon is a synthetic fiber. Just like leather, it is pretty durable and easily maintained. It is also stain resistant. However, it holds odor and absorbs moisture. If you choose the outdoor furniture, it is advisable not to choose nylon because the color will fade when exposed to the sun.
- Polyester, which is another synthetic fiber. However, its main difference from the nylon is that polyester is often mixed (or woven) with another material so it is not purely synthetic. It is moth and mildew resistant. It is also easy to clean and maintain. However, polyester retains body sweat and also oil. Not to mention that it can also collect static electricity which can make it uncomfortable.